Auditions will be held via video for this show! It’s simple and do it on your time. The first round of auditions are open from January 1st - January 31st. The cast list will be posted in early February. You will have to accept the role with a $25 non-refundable registration fee to ensure you won’t back out by June rolls around. More information below:
Here are the steps:
1. Read carefully through the Character Breakdown.
2. Look over the rehearsal and performance schedule to make sure you will be able to commit to the intensive rehearsal schedule.
3. Select the role(s) you are interested in auditioning for.
4. Study and learn the side (lines) and song cut for those roles.
5. When you are confident with the materials, record yourself performing all the materials. If you are auditioning for more than one character, please record a separate video for each character.
6. Fill out the audition form.
7. Submit the video(s) and form by emailing the video to email@example.com.
What happens next?
Once the cast list is posted in early February, you will be required to secure your spot by paying a $25 non-refundable registration deposit to ensure you will still be available in June. Please note, if you don’t secure your role and someone in the second round of auditions is of equal talent, the role could be recast. So please pay your deposit before March 1st!
Why are you casting the musical so early?
We are doing two big musicals back to back which is going to be a really quick process. Once the actors accept their role, we will start looking for costumes for the specific actor. This is why it’s important NOT to back out of the role as summer rolls around.
What happens if you don’t cast all the roles in the first round?
If there are roles still open after the first round, the second round will open March 1st and remain open until all the roles are filled.
CAPTAIN FRANK HAMER:
A retired Texas Ranger who joins the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde. Recruited by Governor Ferguson.
Male, 45-65 yrs old
GOVERNOR MIRIAM FERGUSON:
An enforcer of the law and Governor of Texas. Tough and harsh.
Female, 40-60 yrs old
A hard-working man, struggling to survive. Humble and quiet. Father of Clyde and Buck.
Male, 45-55 yrs old
The town’s evangelist. Loud, passionate, boisterous.
Male, 45-65 yrs old, Range: A2 – C5
Female, 8-12, Range: C#4 – C5
Male, 8-12, Range: B3 – A5
Kids and adults.
A NOTE TO PARENTS OF INTERESTED MINORS:
This musical is rated R for language and violence. If you want to read the full script before you commit your child to this show, just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns. Before any minors can be in this show, both actor and parent will sign a form.Thanks for your understanding.