Auditions will be held via video for this show! It’s simple and do it on your time. The first round of auditions are open from January 1st - January 31st. The cast list will be posted in early February. You will have to accept the role with a $25 non-refundable registration fee to ensure you won’t back out by June rolls around. More information below:
Here are the steps:
1. Read carefully through the Character Breakdown.
2. Look over the rehearsal and performance schedule to make sure you will be able to commit to the intensive rehearsal schedule.
3. Select the role(s) you are interested in auditioning for.
4. Study and learn the side (lines) and song cut for those roles.
5. When you are confident with the materials, record yourself performing all the materials. If you are auditioning for more than one character, please record a separate video for each character.
6. Fill out the audition form.
7. Submit the video(s) and form by emailing the video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens next?
Once the cast list is posted in early February, you will be required to secure your spot by paying a $25 non-refundable registration deposit to ensure you will still be available in June. Please note, if you don’t secure your role and someone in the second round of auditions is of equal talent, the role could be recast. So please pay your deposit before March 1st!
Why are you casting the musical so early?
We are doing two big musicals back to back which is going to be a really quick process. Once the actors accept their role, we will start looking for costumes for the specific actor. This is why it’s important NOT to back out of the role as summer rolls around.
What happens if you don’t cast all the roles in the first round?
If there are roles still open after the first round, the second round will open March 1st and remain open until all the roles are filled.
Keep in mind all the characters in this show has a British accent.
An imaginative girl who is clever and wise far beyond her years. She has a thirst for learning that cannot be quenched.
Gender: Female LEAD
Age: 6 to 10
Vocal range top: D5
Vocal range bottom: A3
SIDE 1 SIDE 2 MONOLOGUE
Miss Agatha Trunchbull
The tyrannical headmistress at Matilda's school who despises children.
Age: 35 to 55
Vocal range top: G4
Vocal range bottom: A2
Matilda's self-absorbed, negligent mother and an amateur ballroom dancer. Must be a dancer.
Age: 35 to 45
Vocal range top: F5
Vocal range bottom: A3
Matilda's older brother. He is not very bright and favored by their parents.
Age: 10 to 15
A nice librarian.
Age: 25 to 45
Matilda's classmate. He is subject to extreme punishment by Miss Trunchbull. A strong dancer.
Age: 7 to 14
Vocal range top: E5
Vocal range bottom: C4
Big Kids Ensemble
Height: 5”2’ and up
The Escapologist, Cook Sergei, Henchman 1, Henchman 2, Henchman 3, The Acrobat, Doctor, Rudolpho, Parents, Children’s Entertainer.
Vocal range top: Eb5
Vocal range bottom: C3